Today, Nova Scotia is reporting 34 new cases of COVID-19 and 12 recoveries.
Thirty-two of the reported cases are in Central Zone. Twelve are close contacts of previously reported cases. One is related to travel. Nineteen of the cases are under investigation.
The Province says there are signs of community spread among those in Central Zone aged 20 to 40 who are unvaccinated and participating in social activities.
One case reported is in Northern Zone. It is a close contact of a previously reported case.
One case reported is in Western Zone. It is under investigation.
Weekly Statistics Release
There have been 4,767 cases from March 15 to Sept. 23, 2021. Of those:
- 133 (2.8 per cent) were fully vaccinated
- 297 (6.2 per cent) were partially vaccinated
- 4,337 (91.0 per cent) were unvaccinated
There were 271 people hospitalized. Of those:
- 6 (2.2 per cent) were fully vaccinated
- 28 (10.3 per cent) were partially vaccinated
- 237 (87.5 per cent) were unvaccinated
Twenty-nine people died. Of those:
- 2 (6.9 per cent) were fully vaccinated
- 3 (10.3 per cent) were partially vaccinated
- 24 (82.8 per cent) were unvaccinated
As of today, Nova Scotia has 169 active cases of COVID-19. Of those, 14 people are in hospital COVID-19 units, including one in ICU.