Nova Scotia is reporting nine new schools with COVID-19 connected cases today, April 25.
The following schools will remain closed to students until Thursday, April 29:
- Jubilee Elementary, Sydney Mines
- Bedford South School, Bedford
- Chebucto Heights Elementary, Halifax
- Joseph Howe Elementary, Halifax
- Oxford School, Halifax
A deep cleaning will take place and students will learn from home during the closure. Families will receive an update on Wednesday, April 28.
The following schools are within a family of schools that is already closed until May 10:
- Atlantic View Elementary, Lawrencetown
- Brookhouse Elementary, Dartmouth
- Cole Harbour District High, Dartmouth
- Nelson Whynder Elementary, North Preston
These schools will also undergo a deep cleaning.
Public health will be in touch with any close contacts of these positive cases and advise of next steps, including testing. Everyone who is a close contact will be notified, tested and asked to self-isolate for 14 days.
Out of an abundance of caution, public health is recommending that all students and staff be tested. No self-isolation is required, unless people have been identified as a close contact by public health or have symptoms.