Billed as the ultimate culinary experience, Dining On The Ocean Floor, brought to you by Flying Apron Inn & Cookery sold out in less than 5 minutes when bookings were taken at 10:00am this morning.
The dinner, which costs $1050 + HST and gratuity per couple takes place on five dates this summer.
The adventure takes diners to Burntcoat Head Park on the Bay of Fundy, one of North America’s Seven Natural Wonders. You’re encouraged to bring your rubber boots and camera. Diners will learn about Nova Scotia edibles with local forager Jonathan Newell, while seeing, touching and tasting the local wild edibles.
The dining starts with a seafood feast atop the red rock cliffs. Those who were lucky enough to secure a spot at the dinner table will enjoy a lunch of the freshest Nova Scotia sustainable seafood paired with local craft beer and Nova Scotia Tidal Bay wine.
After lunch, they will be led on a private tour of Burntcoat Head Park, taking in fossils and tidal pool creatures. Adventurers will learn of the impact of the powerful tides on the coastline.
But it doesn’t stop there. As the tour ends, the dining begins again. You will be led to the ocean floor dining experience and to a seat with an amazing view. This dining area will soon be covered by 50 feet of water when the tide returns. Chef Velden and his culinary team will indulge you in a three course meal featuring the best of local ingredients paired with local wine and craft beer.
After dinner, there is a campfire on the tidal flats to enjoy tea and coffee and take in the amazing view of the incoming tide.
2020 Experience Menu:
- Lunch Course – Shore Boil: a bowl brimming with fresh, sustainable Nova Scotia seafood cooked in Nova Scotia Tidal Bay wine.
- 1st Course – Celebration Plate: Selection of fine Nova Scotia cheeses, Hand Cured Charcuterie, Flying Apron pickles, and artisanal crackers.
- 2nd Course – High Tide, Low Tide: A beautiful cut of local, pasture-raised beef, butter-poached Nova Scotia lobster tail and succotash with organic vegetables.
- 3rd Course – Sun & Moon Meet: Fresh local berries, lavender phyllo and Grand Marnier mascarpone cream.
- Craft beer and local wine pairings are served with each course. Organic, fair-trade tea and coffee are served at the campfire.
View this post on Instagram
Post-dinner bonfire with @flyingaproncookery on the ocean floor at Burntcoat Head, NS. Amazing experience, relaxing in the sunset and watching the minutes as the world's highest tides make their way back in. #noelshore #flyingapron #diningontheoceanfloor #nstides #worldshighesttides #discoverns #destinationns #burntcoathead #lyndsaydoyle #novascotiaphotographer #bonfire #sunset #maritimesummers
If you are interested in taking part in this one of a kind adventure you’ll have to wait for bookings to open in 2021, or have been lucky enough book a spot at the 2020 dining table.